RefWorks has integrated an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Feed Reader so you can easily:
- add your favorite RSS Feeds from publishers and websites
- view the information
- import data into your RefWorks database
RSS feeds can include headlines, short descriptions of the feed, and other information.
To Add a RSS Feed:
- Locate the RSS feed you wish to include.
- Right-click on the RSS icon and select Copy Shortcut
- From within RefWorks, select RSS Feed from the Search Menu
- Paste the shortcut into the text bar and click the Add RSS Feed button
- Your feeds will be listed alphabetically by the title of the feed which has been provided by the feed itself. The list will also include the feed provider’s description.
To View RSS Data and Import:
- Launch the RSS Feed by clicking on the name link. Your feed results will be displayed in a separate window
- Select the records you wish to import by clicking on the appropriate checkboxes.
- Select a folder to import your records to in the Put in Folder drop-down.
- After the import you will be taken to the Import view in RefWorks. (or whatever you are using for this page).
- Click on View Last Imported to see the feeds.
To Delete a RSS Feed:
- Click on the delete link to the right of your feed name
To Edit the Information Displayed on the RSS Feed Page:
- Click on the edit link to the right of your feed name
- Make any changes to the URL, Name or Description
- Click Save