My Library Account / Preferred Searches
- Click on the "My Library Account" button at the top of any catalog page or on the main library website.
- You will be prompted to login via your uark email account, or your last name and UA ID number. Your ID number is the nine-digit number on your ID card (NOT your Social Security number.)
- You can save up to 10 searches in your library account. These can be re-run each week to alert you to new materials in particular subjects or by particular authors.
- To save a search, click the "Search the Catalog" link from within your library account.
- Conduct a keyword, title, subject, or other search in the catalog. In keyword searching, you can limit your results to particular publishers, libraries, or formats.
- If your search retrieves satisfactory results, then click the "Save" button next to your search to save a preferred search.
- Once you have saved a search, return to your record and click the "Preferred Searches" link.
- From the list of preferred searches that you have saved, you can mark specific searches to receive emails about, informing you of any new materials that match your search criteria.
- Once you have checked the searches you wish to mark for email, then click the "Update List" button.
Note: The Library Catalog will use your University of Arkansas email account (@uark.edu) for email messages.