- The vendor change procedure involves the Serials Acquisitions Manager, Serials Processing Specialist, the Serials Receiving Specialist, and the Serials Access Specialist. This is only for paid serials.
- Note: The term “vendor” can refer to either the publisher or the distributor from which we acquire paid subscriptions or standing orders.)
Serials Acquisitions Manager:
- Cancel the subscription or standing order with the current/old vendor.
- Place an order with the new vendor.
- Send an email notification to the Serials Processing Specialist about the vendor change.
Serials Processing Specialist:
- Check in record:
- Add a 5 dash note field (n) to the check in record. 5 dash notes go under the "~~Parameters: " note.
- Check in card:
- Insert a suppressed box in front of the last issue of the old vendor subscription and in front of the first issue of the new vendor subscription.
- The public note in the box will be "VENDOR CHG: from (old vendor code) to (new vendor code) starting w/ (YYYY) (date and initials)".
- For example: "VENDOR CHG: from 2harr to 2ebsc starting w/ 2019 (09/19/18 anm)"
- If we haven't received the first issue of the new vendor subscription yet, do the following:
- Add a message field to the check in record letting Serials staff know to give you (the Serials Processing Specialist) the 1st issue of the new vendor subscription for review.
- For example: Add the following to the message field: "Send v.84 no.1 (Jan. 2019) to "your first name" (date and initials)".
- "Send v.84 no.1 (Jan. 2019) to Ashley (09/19/18 anm)"
- After the 1st issue of the new vendor subscription is checked in and passed to you for review, change the vendor code field to the new vendor code. Then the issue can go to the Serials processing table.
Serials Receiving Specialist:
- Check in the last issue under the old vendor subscription then send the issue to the Serials Processing Specialist for review. Write on a Post-It "Vendor chg (date and initials)" and place the Post-It on the front cover of the issue.
Serials Access Specialist:
Watch for vendor change notes and make claims with the correct vendor.