|CLM/RVW||indicates research on an expected issue not resulting in a claim|
|CLMSLIP||for claim slip that is mailed|
|E/CLM||for direct electronic claim [sent from ILS] (Ebsco)|
|EBSCONET||Electronic claim entered in EbscoNet. Can also be used for information gleaned from service request updates posted in EbscoNet or EbscoNet's title information, such as volume/issue info or publication delays.|
|FAX/PUB||fax (make sure to include fax number)|
|FOLLOWUP||follow-up on a claim|
|FOKUS||electronic claim entered in Harassowitz|
|PH/CALL||phone call (for information purposes)|
|PH/CLM||phone call (for claiming)|
|Inquire about a publication or issue to publisher or vendor without claiming. Good for index or volume/issue number questions.|
|WEBSITE||info taken directly from pub website|
|EML/RPT||info received from pub via email in response to claim|
info received from pub via fax in response to claim
|HARR/RPT||response from Harrassowitz (usually an e-mail from a rep)|
|PUB/RPT||info received from pub not in response to claim. "FYI" messages|
1. Make sure the box that you want to claim is highlighted and click “Claim One” at the top (Claim All in doing multiple issues)
2. A pop up box will appear:
a. For Ebsco enter EBSCONET (date/initials)
b. For Harrassowitz enter FOKUS (date/initials)
c. If email enter EML/CLM (date/initials)
d. If Facebook enter FB/CLM (date/initials)
e. If phone enter PH/CLM (date/initials)
f. If sending a special letter enter SPL/LTR (date/initials)
3. Go into the check-in record and under the parameters add a note:
-Example: NOTE EML/CLM (date/initials) volume/issue number.
-The “EML/CLM” portion will match the type of claim mentioned above.
-If damaged or skipped, add that or any extra information.
Example of a claim note. Note the key elements in it: abbreviation, date and initials, issue numbers and cover dates (go to the page on item record creation for a chart with cover date abbreviations used in these notes), damaged, and response from Harrassowitz:
-The claim note will be deleted once the issue is checked in, claim slip is pulled and filed, and everything is verified.
4. If you do not claim but only send a request for info, add a note saying EML/INQ (date/initials), volume/issue number, who you contacted and their info, and what information you requested.
5. 5 dash notes (-----) are permanent notes and are not to be deleted.
6. Asterisk notes are there to grab your attention. These may be deleted at some point when no longer necessary.