Mobile Instruction Use Policy
- firstname.lastname@example.org consists of 6 iPad Air tablets, and 1 MacBook Air laptop stored in a dark grey protective cart (with a DLF sticker).
- email@example.com consists of 6 ipad Air tablets stored in a light grey protective cart.
- The cart(s) and tablets are in room 220Q in the reference offices of Mullins Library.
- Please do not ever leave the tablets and equipment unattended.
- Be sure all tablets are returned before students leave the classroom.
- Please bring the cart back to 220Q when finished.
The iPads can be scheduled, by librarians or for librarians and library graduate assistants; especially those affiliated with the Instruction and Liaison Services department of University of Arkansas Libraries. In case of a scheduling conflict, library-related instruction has priority. Use the Scheduling assistant in Outlook to place an appointment on the calendar for firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Be careful-- the College of Education has a similar set-up for iPads.
The tablets are not available individually. The tablets are not available to faculty or grad students from other colleges unless there is a librarian specifically present and involved with the class.
Appointments for the group of tablets are on a first-come, first-served basis; in case of a conflict, instruction takes priority.
- To set up a reservation for the tablets, request a meeting using the Scheduling Assistant on the Exchange calendar for firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Individuals may also ask to have the ipads calendar shared with them to facilitate scheduling.
- We will try to keep them updated and charged. Please notify Necia, Michelle or Marei if there is a problem with the tablets.
- The tablets have wireless access but not data service. You will need to have access to the University's WiFi or other WiFi to get online.
- The ipads should use the UARK Wi-Fi network automatically. If not, go to Settings (icon looks like a gear wheel, on the second screen) and choose it from the Wi Fi roster, using the appropriate login and password to log in; the login is on a card in a ziplock bag in the cart.
- Please don’t download apps unless they are needed for a class. If you need additional apps or software on the iPads, please seek assistance in advance, so we can get them loaded and working.
- The tablets are not drop-proof and should be handled with care.
- Check to see that the tablets are unplugged from their individual power cords while being transported in the protective case to avoid damage.
- Use a soft cloth to clean screens, if needed. Do not use Windex, alcohol, saliva, or any cleaner on the screens.