American Chemical Society
- When viewing the abstract of the article citation you wish to save, click the Download Citations link.
- Choose RIS as the citation format and click Download.
- A new window opens prompting you to find, save, or cancel. Save the download as an .RIS document in a folder or on the desktop.
- Login to your RefWorks account, if you have not already.
- Under the References drop down menu, select Import.
- In the Import/filter box, select ACS publications. In the Database box, select RIS format. Click the browse button under the Import Data from the following text file section. Attach the appropriate file, then hit the Import button. The citation will be imported.