- Search for the desired item. Open the full record of item.
- On the right side of the screen in the mint colored box, click on the "Download citation" link.
- A new screen displaying your citation appears. Select RIS as the format in which to download the citation.
- A new window opens prompting you to find, save, or cancel. Save the download to a local directory; the file will save as an RIS (.ris) document.
- Log in to Refworks. Under the Import action, select RIS format as both the Import/filter line and the Database line. Browse for the appropriate, attach it, then hit the Import button. The item is imported.