- Search for the desired item. Select it by checking the box next to the item.
- At top of the results list, on the toolbar with Home, Marked list, Search history, and Help, click the Marked list link.
- A new window opens and your citation appears. At the top of the screen, click the "Download records" button.
- A new window opens. Select the Direct export to RefWorks link and the item is automatically imported
You can also download the citation as a Text (.txt) file and save it to your computer.
- After clicking the "Download records' button and going into the new window, select Download to EndNote, ProCite, or Reference Manager.
- A new window appears prompting you to find, save, or cancel. Save the file to a local directory as a Text (.txt) file.
- Log in to RefWorks. Select RIS format as both the Import filter and Database. Browse for the appropriate file, attach it, then hit the Import button. The item is imported.