Index Arkansas records are sent quarterly to Summon on the schedule
July 1, October 1, January 1, and April 1.
As a rule. daily or interim record loads are not done for Index Arkansas.
- In Millennium, login to ArchCat or ArchAdm and navigate to Data Exchange.
- Choose the option to Output MARC records (out).
- Click the menu button to Create an output file.
- Name the file.
File naming conventions:
- File names should not include any blank spaces or special characters.
- The naming pattern for FULL extracts is
- Record the name and beginning and ending bib records in the log file at
- Data Exchange may run for a while to create the full file.
When complete, make a note on the log of the total number of records and deletes.
- Close the report summary and exit out to the Data Exchange main menu.
- Click on the file you just created to highlight it and click the menu item to Put FTS.
- A dialog box will open. Choose the host ftp.summon.serialssolutions.com.
- The login and password can be found at the passworded address: http://uark.libguides.com/staffguidessecure/summonftp.
- Once connected, choose the full/ folder at the remote site.
- Check the box to Rename files on transfer.
- Highlight the file you wish to export to Summon and click Put ->
- Change the file name extension at the remote site from .out to .marc.
- Close your connection and exit out of Millennium.
- Inform Ex Libris staff that you have uploaded a new full file by opening a ticket in the Ex Libris Support Center. Open a case and be explicit that this is the Index Arkansas catalog, not the main library catalog. Include the FTP file name in your correspondence.
- Repeat in 3 months!