This Portal is designed to help visitors to the University of Arkansas's Libraries locate digital projects developed by University of Arkansas campuses. Projects can be viewed by subject or by the campus which completed the project.
While there is evidence of commencement ceremonies starting as early as 1873, the earliest Commencement Program held in the University of Arkansas archives is dated June 17, 1875. The ceremony was held in a brand new building, which is now known as Old Main.
“Fine Lines, Late Nights: The Converging Histories of Vol Walker Hall and the Fay Jones School of Architecture” is a digital exhibit that explores the history of Vol Walker Hall, a prominent campus building, and that of the Fay Jones School of Architecture, the lively design school which has called the stately building their home for more than 40 years.
Numa Yearbooks were published from 1928 through 2004 and represent the diversity of college life and the evolution of the institution from Fort Smith Junior College to the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith.
From April 1, 2009 to September 14, 2010, UAM celebrated 100 years of opportunity. On April 1, 1909 the legislation which authorized the establishment of the institution was passed. On September 14, 1910, the first classes were in session. The Centennial Celebration Collection provides access to images which highlight key points in the institution’s history and document the many celebratory events organized during the centennial celebration
Established in 1945, UAM hosts the only School of Forestry and Natural Resources in the state of Arkansas. Included in this collection are the handwritten, original field survey notes of the land owned by the campus, images of the students conducting fieldwork and participating in forestry competitions, and other documents.