United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)--A Treasure Trove of Information

The USDA provides an enormous array of information on its core site, through the Economic Research Service (ERS), the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) and Education and Outreach.

CSES, HORT, AECT, PLPA, HESC Agriculture Librarian

Necia Parker Gibson's picture
Necia Parker Gibson
Mullins Library 220N

Email is the best way to contact me. Click the Email me button or use neciap@uark.edu

I've set my office phone to forward to my cell phone. We'll see how that works.

I'm working from home starting 3/16/2020 until further notice. Email or use the text number below. If you want me, particularly, ask for me.

Text a librarian: 479-385-0803

For students, faculty, and staff I will:
Answer your questions via email, phone or Skype or Facetime (until we are back to face to face).
Recommend databases for your topic.
Meet individually to work out your topic or discuss research strategies.

For faculty, I will:
Provide in-person library instruction tailored to your class, or tailored research guides to your class, with some lead time.

Meet with your students individually or in small groups.
Track down tricky citations. Purchase books and other materials, as funds allow.

I do consultations via email, Skype or Facetime (as well as face to face, when we can again).
Email me for an appointment

The USDA Data Pages

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) publishes an array of data across multiple sites, from their own specific site to the Economic Research Service (ERS), the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), and the World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB), to name a few.

The data from the USDA supports not only agriculture, but a host of other disciplines, including biotechnology, business, economics, social work, sociology, urban planning, rural sociology and rural studies, international studies, and more. The links below are some examples of content.

Other Choices: USA.GOV, US GPO, etc.

The USA.gov site is a larger site which allows you to search the USDA site but also the Census bureau, the Dept. of Labor, and other government information. Depending on what information you need, this is another avenue. The GPO is the Government Printing Office, a comprehensive listing of what is published by them.

USDA video on Erosion Control