*Note* Mendeley Desktop was used the example below, however, similar steps are used for Mendeley Reference Manager or the online version. On those versions look for an "Add or Add new" button and then select "Import Library or Import RIS".
How to migrate from Refworks to Mendeley
When migrating from RefWorks to Mendeley, the steps involved differ, depending on whether you wish to retain your RefWorks folder structure in Mendeley or if you would prefer to migrate all your references in one go.
To migrate all your RefWorks references to Mendeley in one go:
1. Log in to your RefWorks account.
2. Ensure you have 'All References' displayed in the 'References' location.
3. From the top menu, select References > Export.
4. In the pop-up menu that appears, ensure that 'All in List' is selected and that the Export Format is set to 'Bibliographic Software'.
5. When ready, click the 'Export References' button which appears in the bottom right of the pop-up.
6. When the export is complete you will see a pop-up in the bottom right of your screen. You may receive a download prompt or you can use this pop-up to save a copy of the file to your computer.