Once you have created an account at Zotero.org, and installed the Zotero client on your device(s), you can link your account to each installation.
Once your installations are linked to your online account, your Zotero library will be automatically synced to be stored on the Zotero server. No matter where you work, your library will be saved to the Zotero cloud.
Zotero support does not recommend attempting to use cloud storage on other services such as iCloud, Google Drive, or OneDrive as your Zotero database can easily become corrupted.
To link your account:
- Open Zotero and choose Edit > Preferences.in Windows.
Or, Preferences in MacOS.
- On the Sync tab, input your Zotero username and password.
- Check Set Up Syncing and OK.
- Sync settings:
- choose automatic if you want Zotero to continuously back up your data.
- choose to sync documents if you want to save PDFs to the Zotero cloud (but this will eat up your storage quota faster).