SERIALS WORK STUDY AND HOURLY JOB DUTIES
The following is a listing, in order of priority, of your job duties. Review the sub pages of the Hourly and Work Study Job Duties in this guide for further instruction on how to perform each duty.
- Prepare and check-in newspapers
- Stamp, strip, and process materials to be shelf-ready
- Pull claim slips (yellow flags)
- Photocopy corrections (blue flags)
- Check the journals through routing basket for issues coming back from routing
- Assist the Serials Access Specialist with prepping and filing the new claim slips
- Clean the Serials processing table on Friday afternoons
- Empty Serials Department Recycling Bins. Please ask each Serials employee if they would like their recycling bins emptied.
- Dust the Serials processing table
- Dust and clean your workstation, as needed
- Retrieve item(s) from the Library stacks
- Search and verify holdings
- Search for missing issues in the Library stacks
- Act as courier for campus claims
- Assist with projects in Serials as well as other units in Technical Services as assigned
After you are done with daily duties and other projects, then ask your supervisor what to work on.