Welcome to the Electronic Serials StaffGuide.
Departmental Mission Statement:
The mission of the Serials Department is to support the academic research and teaching programs at the University of Arkansas by acquiring and processing serials resources and maintaining accurate accounting of the expenditures of these resources.
In this guide, you will find information and resources about various procedures and duties within the department for dealing with electronic serials.
This guide is organized under nine broad headings largely based on function:
- ELECTRONIC SERIALS STAFFGUIDE OVERVIEW AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- STAFFGUIDE: LINX (LIBRARY ANNEX)
- STAFFGUIDE: SERIALS ACCESS & CLAIMING
- STAFFGUIDE: SERIALS CATALOGING
- STAFFGUIDE: SERIALS DEPARTMENT
- STAFFGUIDE: SERIALS RECEIVING & PROCESSING
- STAFFGUIDE: SIERRA
- ERM COVERAGE AND CATALOG LOADS
- NEW ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
- QUALITY CONTROL AND ACCESS AUDITS
- RECORD MAINTENANCE
- SERIALS SOLUTIONS
- EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES