1. Is the record set for the correct format? Electronic or print or microform?
Check the 006 field and subfield h in the 245 field. See the procedure “Cataloging Internet Monographs” for more information.
2. If a location code other than “main” is needed, edit the 049 field to the correct
OCLC 4 letter code. For example, for “internet”, change AFUA to AFUT. Some selectors do desire call numbers for Internet records. Notations are made in record log in the cataloging folder on Giovanni.
3. Does the record set have an 050 or 090 field? Call numbers are used in the library catalog
for collection development evaluations.
4. Set up a local “series” in a 830 0 field. Add a series statement for the electronic package, if applicable, in field 830. (As these are locally-created headings, do not give as a 490 1/830 pair.) For example:
830 0 Wiley InterScience electronic books
REMEMBER TO SEND THE HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES AN EMAIL WITH NEW SERIES TITLES.
5. If appropriate add a 506.
506 Electronic access limited to current UAF students, faculty, and staff.
This field is usually added when the set is purchased and not free.
506 Electronic access limited to current UAF students, faculty, and staff
6. Add the local 655 field as appropriate: (See Genre Procedures)
655 0 Electronic books
7. If appropriate, add a 710 field for the electronic vendor. For example,
710 2 BioOne (Organization)
BioOne is the organization responsible for publishing a group of electronic journals.
8. Use the 949 field to create an item record. An item record is required for
the library catalog to display a status box with the location.
9. Is the set from a vendor? Bcode3 should have code “v” for vendor. This is to let
us know that the records were not cataloged individually. This field can be added
with the 999 field and subfield f.
10. If the set has been purchased and has an 856 field, it will be necessary to use
global update (or MARCEDIT) to edit that URL to our local proxy URL. If the 856
needs a proxy remember to add the 506.
11. There is a "DO NOT OVERLAY" load table available if you are afraid records will be overlaid that are not
intended for overlay.
12. Let Database maintenance staff know to clear the headings report for large record sets. The report does not work well with over 5000 records.
13. Enter the starting and ending bib numbers in the spreadsheet in the Cataloging Folder on Alexandria.
Those fields listed in bold have been added.
=100 1\$aLocke, David Ross,$d1833-1888.
=245 10$aEkkoes from Kentucky$h[electronic resource]/$cby Petroleum V. Nasby
[pseud.] ... Bein a perfect record uv the ups, downs, and experiences uv the dimocrisy,
doorin the eventful year 1867, ez seen by a naturalized Kentuckian. Illustrated by
=260 \\$aBoston :$bLee and Shepard,$c1868.
=300 \\$a324 p. :$bfront., plates. ;$c19 cm.
=506 \\$aElectronic access limited to current UAF students, faculty, and staff
=510 4\$aWright, L. H. Amer. fiction, 1851-1875,$c1568
=510 4\$aAmer. fiction, 1774-1910 (microfilm, 1970-1978 ed.),$cv. 2 (1851-1875), reel
L-10, no. 1568
=530 \\$aIssued also in print and on microfilm.
=533 \\$aElectronic reproduction.$b[Bloomington, Ind.] :$cIndiana University Digital
Library Program for the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, $d[2001 or
2002.]$f(Wright American fiction, 1851-1875).$nDigitized image of the microfilm
version produced in Woodbridge, CT by Research Publications (later called Primary
Source Microfilm).$nMode of access: Internet.
=610 20$aDemocratic Party (U.S.)
=651 \0$aUnited States$xPolitics and government$y1865-1869
=655 \0$aElectronic books
=700 1\$aNast, Thomas,$d1840-1902.$eillus.
=710 2\$aIndiana University.$bDigital Library Program.
=710 2\$aCommittee on Institutional Cooperation.
=830 \0$aWright American Fiction online books
revised 12/15 mag