Note: You may have to set up preferences in Google Scholar first before exporting to EndNote.
To set this feature up in Google Scholar
- From the Google Scholar search page, click on the Scholars Preferences link (small gear icon in upper right hand corner).
- Select Bibliography Manager.
- Select Show links to import citations into and select EndNote from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
To initiate a direct export to EndNote
- Conduct your search.
- Each record displayed will have an Import into EndNote link. Click on the link under the articles you want to export.
- A new window appears prompting you to find, save, or cancel. Save the file as an (.enw) file.
- Log in to EndNote. Under the Collect tab, select Import References.
- Click Browse to locate and attach the saved file. Under filter, select EndNote Import, select the group where you would like the citation to be placed, then hit Import.