Check In—Telephone Directories
Check In—Telephone Directories:
- Serials uses the suppressed bibliographic record (b39868175) to check in all telephone directories. Another way to search for the telephone directories record is by doing a “z – Other Call #” search for “tele”.
- Serials no longer has standing orders for telephone directories. We only check in free copies of the “PhoneBk 004300 - FAYE SPRING AR” and “PhoneBk 004796 - NW, ARK” if they are available. Sometimes we can acquire a copy from a library staff member or the Serials Access Specialist ends up claiming for a copy.
Checking In the Free Telephone Directories:
- Withdraw and discard the past copy:
- Before checking in the telephone directory, go find the past copy from the Reference Desk and bring it back to your desk.
- You will stamp the past copy as "withdrawn" and discard the copy.
- In Sierra, you will change the box status to "removed". Then, add a public note "Discarded (date/initials)". Lastly, suppress the box. Keep 2 years worth of suppressed boxes and delete past boxes as needed.
- Proceed to check in the latest copy.
- Statistics for telephone directories:
- Telephone directory statistics are found on the "Counted Only By Serials" stat sheet.