|CLM/RVW||Indicates research on an expected issue not resulting in a claim.Should include the source of review, such as “per database, Ebsconet,” etc.|
|EBSCONET||Electronic claim entered in EbscoNet. Can also be used for information gleaned from service request updates posted in EbscoNet's alerts platform or EbscoNet's title information, such as volume/issue info or publication delays.|
|EML/CLM||Email claims.Should specify contact when necessary.|
|FAX/PUB or FAX||Fax (make sure to include fax number)|
|FOLLOWUP||follow-up on a claim|
|FOKUS||For electronic claim entered via Fokus (Harrassowitz).|
|PH/CALL||phone call (for information purposes)|
|PH/CLM||phone call (for claiming)|
PUB/INQ or EML/INQ
|Inquiry about a publication or issue to publisher or vendor without actually claiming it. Good for index or volume/issue related questions.|
|SPEC/LTR or CLM/LTR||Special letter.Good for claiming historical society titles.|
|WEB/CLM||Claiming through an online contact form.|
|WEBSITE||For info extracted directly from the publication website.|
|CLM/RPT||Claim report.A good catch-all for a variety of responses, but should specify the source, such as when info is from a new contact, or phone vs. email response, etc.|
|EML/RPT||Info received from pub via email in response to claim.Please include email address of sender.|
Info received from pub via fax in response to claim.Please include fax number of sender.
|HARR/RPT||Response from Harrassowitz (usually an e-mail from a rep).|
|PUB/RPT||Message received from pub not in response to a claim, but with info regarding the publication status or something similar, possibly indicating a future need to claim. “FYI” messages.|
1. In Sierra, with Claiming mode activated (Ctrl+L or Tools > Card Function > Claim), make sure the box that you want to claim is highlighted and click “Claim One” at the top ("Claim All" if claiming multiple issues).
2. A pop up box will appear. In that box, enter the appropriate abbreviation.
3. Go into the check-in record and under the parameters add a note:
4. If you do not claim but only send a request for info, add a note saying PUB/INQ or EML/INQ (date/initials), volume/issue number, who you contacted and their contact info, and what information you requested.
5. 5 dash notes (-----) are permanent notes and are not to be deleted.
6. Asterisk notes are there to grab your attention. These may be deleted at some point when no longer necessary.