Receiving involves the reception of print serials (both continuation and periodical) in all formats, processing those print serials for circulation, and, then checking-in said serials.
This entails working in Sierra and OCLC catalogs and completing a variety of procedures:
- Creating Check In Record Notes.
- Creating and editing check-in records and cards as needed.
- Maintain the validity of the check-in records and cards.
- Notify the appropriate Serials Department Staff about serials titles going through any type of changes in order to help preserve the validity of the bibliographic records and other records.
- Create check-in and item records as required.