This section includes an introduction to the claims lists used by the Receiving Specialist in order to run searches for items that might need to be claimed as well as a guide on how to run the lists.
- In Sierra, change the function to "Create Lists".
- The Serials Department has 6 lists for claims.
- List 30: EBSCO Claims xx/xx/xx
- List 31: HARR Claims xx/xx/xx
- List 32: Misc Claims xx/xx/xx
- List 33: Gift Claims xx/xx/xx
- List 34: Paid Exch Claims xx/xx/xx
- List 35: Depository/Free Exch Claims xx/xx/xx
To run a list (search for possible claims):
- Create list using existing lists each week.
- Select the claims list you want to search for possible claims.
- Select the "Search Records" button and select "Edit existing query."
- The previous search criteria for each list will load. Change the dates in both the lists' names (will need to be manually typed) and in row 4 under the Value A column (can be typed or click anywhere in the field and hit "t," which will automatically convert it to today's date).
- Make sure the most recently-added check-in record shows in the "Stop" field in the upper right. This can be done by hitting the "c" key in the field in the Sierra Client or by selecting it from the drop-down menu in Sierra Web. This will ensure all check-in records in the system are searched.
- If for some reason your search criteria gets wiped, see the following screenshots for how to re-enter it:
How to use Ebsconet and Fokus
**NOTE: For gift claims and exchanges follow the same procedures but you will usually send emails/letters. You may have to do some research if the information is out-of-date or email bounces back.