Sometimes we will need to transfer past volume(s) to a new location. For example, when the latest volume of a title arrives then the past volume(s) needs to transfer from the old location (for example: Mullins Help Desk) to the new location (for example: Main Library).
- After checking in the latest volume, locate and retrieve the past volume(s).
- Past volume(s) needs the following:
- The item record location and status of the past volume need to be reviewed and possibly changed.
- For example: Location: from "REF" to "MAIN". Status: from "non-circulating=o" to "available= -".
- Relabel the past volume by reprinting call call number label from the item record and make sure the new label has the new location on it. In pencil, cross out the old location on the receipt label that is on the past volume and rewrite the new location.
- Count the transfer in LibInsight. See StaffGuide about Statistics and Working with LibInsight.
- Past volume can now go on the appropriate pick up shelf in Content Services.